Grossman Confirmed as FBI Target in Espionage Investigations

Former FBI Official Confirms Buried Espionage & Corruption Cases

John M. Cole, a former FBI Counterintelligence and Counterespionage Manager, has publicly confirmed FBI’s decade long investigation of the former State Department Official. According to Cole, as in over one hundred cases involving Israeli espionage activities within the US government, this case too has been covered up and buried despite mountains of evidence collected.

Here is the public response from John Cole after the publication of The American Conservative magazine’s cover story:

"I read the recent cover story by The American Conservative magazine. I applaud their courage in publishing this significant interview. I am fully aware of the FBI's decade-long investigation of the High-level State Department Official named in this article [Marc Grossman], which ultimately was buried and covered up. It is long past time to investigate this case and bring about accountability..."

In November 2006, in an article published by CQ on covered up espionage cases involving Israel, Cole was quoted extensively:

“John M. Cole, an FBI spy catcher who retired in 2004, says that from 1993 to 1995 alone, he had “125 open cases” of Israeli espionage, representing nearly half of all the investigations carried on in his Global Unit, part of the now-defunct National Security division.” Inside the FBI itself, Cole said, tracking suspected Israeli spies was hush-hush.In a sharp break with FBI procedures, he was prohibited from notifying field offices when an investigation crept into their jurisdictions. “No one was supposed to know we were investigating the Israelis,” Cole said.”

Stein’s article quoted several other FBI officials confirming Cole’s disclosure:

“The 125 figure “makes sense,” another former top FBI counterintelligence official said, speaking only on condition that he not be identified because of the issue’s sensitivity. This official called the Israeli embassy’s denials “horse [manure].” In fact, he said, U.S. officials repeatedly warned the Israelis to back off. But the finger-wagging only seemed to energize them. “We would call them in, call them on the carpet, and next week there would be 10 more cases,” he said. The Justice Department never seemed much interested in prosecuting them, he and other counterintelligence veterans said. Agents would get pissed off,” said the former top official. “We knew they were going to walk, that they were going to get a pass. . . . It was frustrating.””

John M. Cole, Former Veteran Intelligence Operations Specialist, worked for 18 years in the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division as an Intelligence Operations specialist and counterespionage manager. Cole is the author of While America Sleeps, which will be available in bookstores this November. He was recently our guest on The Boiling Frogs Show.

Coming Soon: Boiling Frogs exclusive interview with John M Cole on his upcoming book and latest revelations

FB Like

This site depends….

This site depends exclusively on readers’ support. Please help us continue by SUBSCRIBING, and by ordering our EXCLUSIVE BFP DVDs.

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Reason does not work with Mr. Anon the Neocon. He has a sense of humor as I once noted in a literary post and observed his reply. In Ireland the bards wrote verse, with rhyme and meter, but that is beyond my skill. I have composed this poem to Mr. Neocon:

There was a man named Neocon
    Thought he was Israel's cure
    Said what was sure
    But then was always Anon

Now Mr. Neocon felt he must say
    Israel is not in the way
    Sure he really wanted to play
    Go away, make my day

Banned by Sibel for rude and crude
    He laid low for a little doe
    Said to himself, I'm not gonna go
    So here he is again, whadda ya know

Same old spume of vitriol
    plays it like a bad viol
    Hey dude, facts are dark
    when spoke by a shark

Can you feel the pulse
    Shadow man is Neocon
    He lurks in the dark
    'cause he's really a shark

We'll puff him up with fluff
    Make him Big Stuff
    I really think he's an evader
    Much like Darth Vader

Simon

2. Anonymous says:

while you two take a breather, and in light of the discussion involving information flow and various forms of 'control', please consider this.
    [The Hon Judge hearing the NYCCAN petition to have new 911 investigation quote OPED today]

The Judge proceeded to invite discourse on why an investigation was needed. When McMahon raised as an example the 9/11 Commission's omission of the collapse of Building 7 from its final report, the Judge replied in puzzlement, "Building what?"

When asked by the Judge whether or not there has been an investigation into 9/11 by New York City authorities, Steve Kitzinger, the City's lawyer, replied, "It's irrelevant", to which the packed courtroom was loudly disdainful, some openly laughing in disbelief. At which point Mr. Kitzinger prevailed upon Judge Lehner to quiet the crowd, which the Judge did.

With order restored, the Judge again asked Kitzinger if the City had done anything to investigate 9/11. Kitzinger flatly responded, "No."

"The City never did anything?" retorted the Judge in disbelief. "Nothing, Kitzinger admitted.

Building what??

rm

3. Sibel Edmonds says:

Simon: You made my day; I'm still chuckling. Thanks!

4. Doug Canuck says:

Day 2 of the Schmidt vs Krikorian case being live blogged over at the Daily Kos

Very good vid from the 1st day ..

5. Anonymous says:

@KingFish, What do you call a Government filled with Zionist (Not Jewish) Spies? Sincerely, ShaJ

6. Sibel Edmonds says:

Doug Canuck: Thanks for the link. Krikorian will appeal. Amazing Kangaroo Court Session!

7. Anonymous says:
  8. Doug Canuck says:

"UPDATE 17: OEC has accepted excerpts of the Edmonds testimony proffered by the Krikorian team."

It would be interesting to know what parts of Sibels deposition were allowed !

9. Anonymous says:

Sibel Edmonds… if anyone had the time to weed through her deposition and do some research I'm sure they would find out what motivates the crazy bitch. After 10/15 I'm thinking I may want to be the one that takes a huge dump on her parade.

10. Anonymous says:

Anon the Neocon-

I understand that concern with transparency only goes one way. All forms of secrecy by the government on behalf of the American people are illegitimate.

All forms of secrecy on the part of Mrs. Edmonds and her Russian intelligence operation against America, are applauded and cheered.

You can pick sides, or you can user muster just a wee-bit of skepticism. Or am I now being insulting and need to be kicked off?

I understand if we have another double-standard here – ad hominems at Anon the Neocon = Bravo, retorts of the same against groupies = censored?

I hope not. Although yes, I am rather persistent in asking for proof of commitment to democracy – rather than vague rhetoric against a "prison state".

As for "asinine" – KG – I put the IQ threshold at 120 for a simple reason – there are those who read, and understand where what cometh- and those who just puff and pronounce.

I can care less about the name of Mrs. Edmond's debriefer – and I wrongly assumed, you'd understand that, as I assumed you were beyond ad hominems. Alas, you prove me wrong. Thanks?

I wrote my list of basic questions on her original AmCon announcement on this blog. The one with the nearly 90 comments. If I need to repaste something so trite, I will.

Not once did I intend to ask the name of an FBI source. I merely wanted specifications, i.e. – this is from debriefing, this is form Cole. Apparently everything comes from Cole, and amounts to perverted anti-Semitic nonsense with no basis in fact. But I somehow doubt Mrs. Edmond's has been had by her "sources".

I initially mentioned 120 IQ because of Mizgin's obvious inability to differentiate between believing someone's allegations, and them being true. I didn't think it was worth the effort to explain this in more basic terms. Nor did I dare insult anyone by going to the average of 102 – that I would not accord readers here, since they all seem to be extremely smart.

Another ad hominem?…ok, let's get "liberal" on one another, eh?

Am I being a spineless liberal by playing the Israeli victim card?

I am not playing any card. It is obvious that everyone here suspects Israel, without any logical reason whatsoever. Just a form of visceral anti-semitims, camouflaging as "anti-Israel" mumbo jumbo. Yes, blame the Jews, since there is no proof, it's even greater proof!!!

What do you call something this irrational?

Pointing out an obvious prejudice, isn't done to earn me any endearment from you. It's done so you can widen your horizons, and go a little beyond, just a tiny bit beyond your blinders.

Absence of Proof, may not be proof of absence, but Mrs. Edmond's does go a long way to play cat-and-mouse, pretending to be things she is not, and making claims she cannot substantiate.

Her proclivity towards secrecy and obfuscation, is far grander than that of those whom she accuses of it. It's really the pot calling the kettle black.

We know nothing about this "Sibyl," (of which "Sibel" is a variant) nor Mr. Cole, nor any of the Whistleblower gangsters…nor nothing about Ghirardi.

At least politicians have to make public disclosures. What do you guys have to make.

Sure, I am Anon – but that's my nature – I am not hiding anything – I AM nothing. A simple nobody. If you write me a poem – good for you – but I am hardly worth it. A simple nobody with a real faith in your freedom to speak, be wrong, be right. Freedom to ask questions, and answer, or refuse to answer. A freedom, for which I know who to thank.

Mrs. Edmonds implies, that some of these people, are really scum. I find that discouraging, given her inability to for one second entertain, that she doesn't understand the game, is out of her league, and if she isn't deliberately hurting this country, then she needs a good hard look in the mirror and question some of her conclusions, before she goes off on another "prison-state" tirade on the basis of a few words from Cole and Ghirardeli.

11. Anonymous says:

Anon the Neocon-

For fear of being accused of evasiveness I the Anonymous Ass (asinine) address two questions that I was asked by KG:

1) Grossman and speaking Turkish.

I think your assumption KG reveals the depth of the problem here. Why you'd assume what you assume, is pretty clear.

Any FBI investigation of any damn person violates others privacy, doesn't it?

Now if you are saying that Grossman was caught in the cross hairs of something, because he happened to be a liason for DoS or anyone else, and this you call an "investigation" that's precisely why I ask questions, while …well…some of you don't.

I wont belabor it, suffice it to say, if Mr. Cole feeds Mrs. Edmonds "investigations" that never took place, your story falls apart as the house of silly imaginings that it is.

2) Investigate the claim by Cole and Edmonds?

Why?

Would you have us investigate every UFO claim? Every claim of ZOG conspiracy? Everything Alex Jones says on his TV show?

Why should we waste tax-payers money on a concocted issue, which has the signs of a foreign intelligence activity against the United States, because of a few people who are careless with their job oaths, or maligning American democracy to make a few bucks?

Give me a good reason?

12. @KF:

"What is the reason to suspect his legitimate activities are related to his criminal activities or at least the arms trafficking?"

I wish there was some way I could give you a short and easy answer to that question. The main starting point is the way the mainstream media reported on the case. I mean, it's really pretty bizaare… As far as MSM disinformation and cover-ups go, I've never seen anything so sloppy and obvious. They didn't even get the facts straight between themselves. I'll provide links to the coverage so that you can see for yourself. I think every single one of these articles reports a different version of the facts in the case:

NY Times: “Former Rising Star on Wall Street Is Arrested in Arms Sale Inquiry,” 6/16/01 (approximately 2 ½ months before 9/11)

NY Observer, “Ex-Goldman Trader Stung in Arms Plot, Shocks Colleagues,” 7/1/01

NY Observer: “Kevin Ingram Pal Questioned About bin Laden,” 9/20/01

NY Times: “From Riches to Relative Rags,” 10/27/01

Bnet: “Wall St.'s Soldier of Fortune – Kevin Ingram,” 11/01

Article: From ARMs to Arms: Former Goldman, Deutsche MBS executive nabbed in arms scheme.(Kevin Ingram ) Investment Dealers' Digest; June 25, 2001

The Jersey Journal : “Details Emerge About Players in Arms Probe,” 6/20/01

Broward Palm Beach New Times: “Gunning for Profit,” 7/10/03

Sunday Business (London, England): “City high-flyer in arms scandal,” 7/8/01

They're obviously scrambling to cover something up. The question then becomes, what is it?

13. @KF:

"My understanding is that his departure from DB was very ugly and included: lawsuits, Jesse Jackson, a multi-million dollar settlement, and charges of ‘racism’"

The "offical" narrative of the story goes something like this: Kevin Ingram is a big time bond trader at Goldman Sachs, and then in 1996 moves to Deutsche Bank to head up their mortgage desk. In early 1998, he's promoted to one of the "top five" executive positions at the bank and moves to London. Then, sometime in 1998 or 1999, he's forced out. He thinks it's because of racism, so he brings in Jesse Jackson and files a lawsuit against DB. DB files a countersuit against him. Somehow they reach a settlement and Ingram leaves with a ton of money. However, this story doesn't even begin to stand up to scrutiny.

1) Most of the media outlets reported some version of this story in 2001, but none of them reported the same version. They all contradict each other with regard to the date Ingram (allegedly) left DB, the reason he was asked to leave, exactly what Jesse Jackson's role was, and the details of the settlement negotiations.

2) Ingram was arrested in the arms sting in June of 2001. EVERY single news article that reported this Jesse Jackson story came out AFTER his 2001 arrest. I've spent hours on google, and I can say with confidence that not a single word of this story was reported in 1998-1999 when it allegedly happened.

So, we're supposed to believe that Ingram was promoted to one of the "top five" executive positions at Deutsche in 1998, was forced out in a matter of months, sued DB for racial discrimination with the help of Jesse Jackson, was countersued by DB, left with a multimillion dollar settlement, and yet NONE OF THIS was reported in ANY of the financial media at the time? Go look for yourself. Try to google the lawsuit.

From 1998-1999, the mainstream press reported plenty of stories about Deutche Bank and the various comings and goings of DB executives, and yet there's not a single story that even MENTIONS Kevin Ingram.

I call B.S. Based on the contradictory media accounts and the lack of pre-2001 reporting, I'm convinced that this entire narrative was constructed after the fact, and I have serious doubts that there's any truth to it at all. Why would the media make something like this up? In my opinion, it was done as damage control for certain powerful people who were at risk of being implicated in the activities Ingram was involved in.

14. @KF:

There is a lot to the Ingram story that has never been reported. This is clear from some of the tapes from the ATF sting that were broadcast in a (heavily censored and w/ much misdirection) MSNBC broadcast. Just from the excerpts played on the air, it’s obvious that some people in very high places are implicated in this case, and that we haven’t gotten anything close to the full story.

1) A warehouse full of weapons in Italy.

HANSEN: (Voiceover) It was the spring of 1999. Mohamed el Amir explains that he wants false papers that would identify a shipment of weapons as vegetables.

Mr. GLASS: (From tape) But you're talking about, they–they–they're saying they want to ship vegetables, right? Is what they want–is what they want on the paperwork, correct?

Mr. EL AMIR: (From tape) Yep.

Mr. GLASS: (From tape) Listen, my phone line is secure. And so I'm just going to talk very open with you, OK?

Mr. EL AMIR: (From tape) Yep.

Mr. GLASS: (From tape) OK. They want to ship things like tanks, correct?

Mr. EL AMIR: (From tape) No, no, no, no, just ammunition, not tanks.

Interesting note: Mohamed El Amir is the brother of Magdy El Amir, a prominent New Jersey doctor. El Amir’s HMO was sued by the State of New Jersey to recoup $16.7 million in losses. At least $5.7 million went “to unknown parties… by means of wire transfers to bank accounts where the beneficial owner of the account is unknown.”

Even more interesting note: El Amir’s defense lawyer in the case was Michael Chertoff.

15. 2) Passport fraud :

“Mr. MOHSEN: (From tape) You know, I have a special passport I travel with.

Mr. GLASS: (From tape) What do you mean, a special passport?

Mr. MOHSEN: (From tape) I have a passport. I enter any (word censored by station) country and be protected.

***RED FLAG: What word did MSNBC censor in the above sentence, and what was their reason for doing so?

Mr. GLASS: So right away I picked up on that. And I say, 'Well, wait a second, you can get different passports that you can travel to other countries?' He said, 'Sure, do you need one?' I said…

Mr. GLASS: 'Yes. Can you get me one?'

HANSEN: (Voiceover) And sure enough, a few weeks later, Randy Glass got a package in the mail, a Venezuelan passport with his photo. Was it legit?

***HMM: A Venezuelan passport? Seems very politically convenient…

Mr. GLASS: Yes, it was, it was an actual.

HANSEN: A legitimate Venezuelan passport?

Mr. GLASS: Complete with an exit stamp, as if I had been in Venezuela and had left.

According to an article in the Palm Beach Post, Di Mohsen “brought in Alfonso Pimentel, who has been indicted on passport fraud in the case.”

So, who is Alfonso Pimentel, and why did the media blackout his indictment?

16. 3) MSNBC censors identity of terrorists:

HANSEN: (Voiceover) And then Glass's contact tells him where the potential customers can be found.

Mr. MOHSEN: (From tape) I'll take you to the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

HANSEN: (Voiceover) Finally, he confirms just what kind of people he's dealing with.

(Footage of terrorist training camp)

Mr. MOHSEN: (From tape) You know these (word censored by station) people, they are terrorists.

Mr. GLASS: (From tape) So these are terrorists?

Mr. MOHSEN: (From tape) Sure.

Mr. GLASS: (From tape) That's wonderful.

The most important questions of all: Who ARE the terrorists? And just why is MSNBC protecting them?

17. Anonymous says:

Whoa there Aneocon.

You propose the notion that all this is a massive Russian intelligence operation, with Sibel Edmonds lead actor. Then you charge the forum with 'anit-semitism.

First. I havn't read ONE indicator of Russian flags in any of this. Got any proof 'they' are THAT clever or are you just laying some smoke.
    If the discussion threads fly certain flags, that's because they most likely do. Or will be [hopefully] proved not to. But they are THERE. They POINT.

Two, the semitic peoples range far and wide and deep across the world and thru history anyway. 'They' include Jewish peoples, Arab peoples, Syrian peoples, ancient Phoenicians, Carthaginians and Assyrians.

If I am told a group of young men caught rejoicing in a car park while 3000 people die before them in a conflagration: are arrested, then within 4 or 5 days released and fly back to a country of origin, where they appear on tv stating their role was to 'record the event', I didn't choose their identity nor the colour of their flag. Stick with it. If information regarding origins of technologies , spywares, interoperability micro-chips, phone company recordings,influence peddling, false flag attacks on foreign naval ships, blackmail, murder, trace ownership back thru avenues and doors of this person or that, to countries or armies or groups, WHERE EVER 'they' source, I didn't choose the points of origin nor the history that got us here, nor the mandate to remain. Investigate them.

Get to why the bolts fail.
    rm

18. Anonymous says:

I'm guessing someone spent half an hour playing around with something like this –

and all of a sudden their ability to tell you what the sign says is interpreted by the all-knowing spies of the world to be an amazing superhuman power indicating covert russo ries.

You too, with practice, can reach the intelligence level of a sixteen year old with initiative.

Keep it up.

19. Anonymous says:

Anon the Neocon

@Anonymous – puerility at its best.

Mrs. Edmonds is intimately familiar with Russia, where she worked for several years. She has beginner language skills.

20. The Cohen Group lists DLA Piper on its Website as a partner. Any reason to suspect that Dick Armey & Co. over at DLA Piper are also in on the treasonous activities that you've revealed, Sibel? (Dick Armey headed up DLA Piper from 2003-2009. He stepped down after Rachel Maddow exposed Armey's and Freedom Works' attempts to kill health care reform.)